The smoky bacon provides a savory saltiness to this light white fish, while a delicate lemon cram sauce balances it all out
- 4 6oz Tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tbsp Golden Ghee (organic)
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 uncured center-cut bacon strips
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp Freshly Squeezed lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375F
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Brush the tilapia fillets with the ghee, then sprinkle them with the basil and a few grinds of pepper. Wrap three slices of bacon around each fillet and place the wrapped fillets, bacon seams down, on the sheet.
Bake the fillets until cooked through and flaky, 20 to 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and a pinch of pepper. Serve this sauce in small ramekins alongside the fish for dipping.