Pepperoni Pizza FAT Snack
- 3.5 oz full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as; basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
“In a bowl, mash together the cream cheese and the butter with a fork, or process in a food processor until smooth.
In a large skillet set over medium heat, cook the pepperoni slices on both sides until crispy. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Add the garlic and red pepper to the pepperoni juices in the skillet and cook for a few minutes over medium heat until fragrant. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add to the cream cheese and butter mixture and mix well with an electric beater or a hand whisk.
Add the grated mozzarella cheese, herbs, chili powder, and salt. Mix well again. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, or until set.
Using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, divide the mixture into 6 balls. Roll each ball in the Parmesan cheese and place on top of 2 slices of crisped pepperoni. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.”