Pumpkin Curry Chicken
On a cold day, there’s nothing I love more than a bowl of curry.
- 7 oz Pure pumpkin puree ((not pumpkin pie filling))
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Golden Ghee (organic)
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Seat salt, (+additional seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Free-range Chicken tenders
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, combine the pumpkin, coconut milk, ghee, lime juice, onion, Thai basil, curry powder, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan set over medium heat.
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken tenders with salt and black pepper. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken tenders until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and add them to the pumpkin curry. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.